Skip to main content

Beauty Quiz

So I thought I'd just create and do a random beauty quiz! Let me know if you're planning to do it too!

What beauty-related item would you never use?
Previously I thought I'll never wear nail polish or false lashes, but now I do! But I'll probably never take beauty supplements, because I don't really think they're safe.

What is your makeup must-have?
Lip balm (which I don't really count as makeup). So it'll be blush!

What would you not leave home without wearing?
I have to draw my eyebrows, otherwise they're so thin. Minimum I'll wear is some powder and blush, and some eyeliner if possible.

How often do you wear makeup?
I used to wear it almost everyday, but now I wear it maybe twice or thrice a week? I like to let my skin breathe.

Describe your go-to makeup look.
Some foundation and powder, pink Canmake blush, I'll do my eyebrows with an eyebrow powder, three shades of eyeshadow (nude highlighter, light brown, dark brown), some Maybelline mascara and light pink lipstick from Lunasol. Usually I'll finish with a colorless lip plumper from Sally Hansen

What's your favourite eyeshadow look?
It used to be the smoky eyes using the 88 palette, but ever since I had this Estee Lauder eyeshadow palette with nude and purple shades, I've been drawn to the natural nude look. I love using a nude base, then using a light brown on the crease of my lids. I finish up with a dark brown liner on the bottom of my lids.

What are your favourite makeup brands?
Japanese brands are really good quality. I love Lavshuca and Esprique Precious. Also like Benefit and Dior. For drugstore products, I like Maybelline. I've never tried Chanel products, but from recommendations I think they're the best quality.

If you could buy makeup from only one brand, which brand would you choose?
That's so hard! Probably either Dior or Chanel. I love Dior lipglosses. But I think Chanel overall wins, from their lip balms to their powder foundation.

What are your current makeup lusts?
My makeup collection only has pink and coral lipsticks, but i want to get red and dark red shades. Been searching for the Revlon Black Cherry lipstick, but it's not available anywhere. Also thinking of the MAC Cyber (dark purple) or the Russian Red, cause they have very good reviews.

What's your favourite perfume?
Hands down DKNY in the pink bottle. It's my go-to scent.

Tell me about your perfume collection.
I like fruity fragrances, so I have 2 DKNY, the pink and green. Victoria's Secret apple, Noir Tease, Harajuku Lovers Baby Tokyo edition, Mariah Carey Honey (which I never use), Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy, Hugo Boss Just Different and Hugo Boss Bottled Sport.

What would you like to add to your collection?
Ive been wanting the Harajuku Lovers G perfume for a long time! Also I really like Katy Perry's Purr and Meow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Post

Despite the name, this blog is not about carousels or couture (although you never know, that might change?). Nobody likes to spend money on something, only to discover that it does not deliver what it has promised. I sure don't. So I start this blog with the hopes that perhaps it'll help someone find their holy grail. And maybe, I'll find my own on the way too. Expect to find beauty and skincare reviews, book reviews, movie reviews, and current obsessions. Oh, and a little couture here and there too.

Schwarzkopf Ultimate Colour 499 Dark Cherry review

TDLR Review:  I would not recommend this hair colour product at all, because the shade turned out nothing like the box. Also it is difficult to wash off.  NOTE: I have dark Asian hair, which might be the reason why it's not suitable for this product. So I'm back with another hair dye review! I've raved about the Liese hair dyes before ( Cassis Berry , Sweet Apricot , Antique Rose ), because those are super easy to use (I've appreciated that even more after finding out how difficult some at-home hair dye kits can be to apply). But I got suckered into getting a box of Schwarzkopf Ultimate Colour hair dye, because the models on Schwarzkopf hair dye boxes always have gorgeous shades of hair! I've used Schwarzkopf before, I've bought the Palette in Magical Blue Black (no review, only a haul). But I was disappointed with it, because there was only a faint sheen of blue, and the black faded from my hair quite quickly. The trouble with Schwarzkopf also is

Old Town White Coffee Ipoh Hor Fun review

  Who doesn't like Old Town White Coffee? It's so nostalgic, from the furniture they have to the food they serve. It's really like a throwback to the simpler times in Singapore. According to Wikipedia, Old Town White Coffee is the largest kopitiam restaurant chain in Malaysia and has over 180 outlets in the region. Can you believe that? I love their kaya toast and of course, their Ipoh Hor Fun. Why go to Penang when you can just enjoy the Hor Fun here? Normally I get those Ipoh Hor Fun that is served in rich gravy, with not much soup. But this one is served in a clear broth, which is perfect for a light meal that is also filling. At the end of it, you won't feel too full or bloated like if you had something richer. The kway teow is served with generous helpings of prawns and chicken shreds every time I go there (my favourite outlet is Playground at East Coast Park, the area that used to be Big Splash. There are 8 outlets in Singapore at the moment, and they ar