Skip to main content

Za Dewy Moisturizer and Milky Moisturizer review

TLDR Review: 
Buy the Dewy Moisturizer, it is my current holy grail. DON'T buy the Milky Moisturizer, I regretted it. My skin is oily/combination. 


When Xiaxue posted an advertorial on the new pink skincare range that Za released, I thought the entire range was soo pretty I wanted them all. But back then I still had a huge stash of moisturizers I was trying to use up, so I resisted the temptation. In the end I finally got the Dewy Moisturizer... And I can't imagine life without it anymore. My skin has never been so good! The Milky Moisturizer on the other hand, was very very disappointing.


Za has several moisturizers for different needs. The dewy moisturizer is for greasy skin and the milky moisturizer is for flaky and greasy skin. Not only that, Za also has the Deep Moist Cream and Amino Mineral Refreshing Gel. I stood at Watsons debating to myself because I had no idea which one to get! They're all a pretty shade of pink too, which is nice.

I ended up getting the Dewy Moisturizer, then a few months later I got the Milky Moisturizer. The packaging is similar but the Dewy version is clear and transparent while the Milky version is white (like milk). While they seem similar though, I did feel quite a lot of difference when I put them on.

I had assumed that the Milky moisturizer would be better for my oily-combination skin because it stated that it's good for greasy skin but it's actually heavier, which isn't so good in Singapore weather. The Dewy moisturizer is totally my favorite now, because it's lighter and absorbs better into my skin. It's actually replaced all my daily moisturizers, including the Hada Labo lotion. I'll use it every morning after I wash my face, and a night cream or sleeping mask at night and I've felt that my skin has really grown a lot softer. I no longer have that 'tight' feeling after washing my face when my skin is dry. I've even travelled with it to Melbourne, and while my skin usually tends to get flaky and break out when I travel, this moisturizer's really kept my skin under control. How can I not love that?

I know some people who rave about Hada Labo and can't live without it, but right now this Za Dewy Moisturizer is my holy grail. The Milky Moisturizer however, was quite a disappointment so I would repurchase the Dewy version, but not the Milky version.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Post

Despite the name, this blog is not about carousels or couture (although you never know, that might change?). Nobody likes to spend money on something, only to discover that it does not deliver what it has promised. I sure don't. So I start this blog with the hopes that perhaps it'll help someone find their holy grail. And maybe, I'll find my own on the way too. Expect to find beauty and skincare reviews, book reviews, movie reviews, and current obsessions. Oh, and a little couture here and there too.

Schwarzkopf Ultimate Colour 499 Dark Cherry review

TDLR Review:  I would not recommend this hair colour product at all, because the shade turned out nothing like the box. Also it is difficult to wash off.  NOTE: I have dark Asian hair, which might be the reason why it's not suitable for this product. So I'm back with another hair dye review! I've raved about the Liese hair dyes before ( Cassis Berry , Sweet Apricot , Antique Rose ), because those are super easy to use (I've appreciated that even more after finding out how difficult some at-home hair dye kits can be to apply). But I got suckered into getting a box of Schwarzkopf Ultimate Colour hair dye, because the models on Schwarzkopf hair dye boxes always have gorgeous shades of hair! I've used Schwarzkopf before, I've bought the Palette in Magical Blue Black (no review, only a haul). But I was disappointed with it, because there was only a faint sheen of blue, and the black faded from my hair quite quickly. The trouble with Schwarzkopf also is

Old Town White Coffee Ipoh Hor Fun review

  Who doesn't like Old Town White Coffee? It's so nostalgic, from the furniture they have to the food they serve. It's really like a throwback to the simpler times in Singapore. According to Wikipedia, Old Town White Coffee is the largest kopitiam restaurant chain in Malaysia and has over 180 outlets in the region. Can you believe that? I love their kaya toast and of course, their Ipoh Hor Fun. Why go to Penang when you can just enjoy the Hor Fun here? Normally I get those Ipoh Hor Fun that is served in rich gravy, with not much soup. But this one is served in a clear broth, which is perfect for a light meal that is also filling. At the end of it, you won't feel too full or bloated like if you had something richer. The kway teow is served with generous helpings of prawns and chicken shreds every time I go there (my favourite outlet is Playground at East Coast Park, the area that used to be Big Splash. There are 8 outlets in Singapore at the moment, and they ar