Skip to main content

Liese Antique Rose review



 Bubble up with Liese!

Liese is a bubble hair dye is very easy to use, especially since there's a set of instructions for your perusal. You just mix the 2 contents, then apply to your parting, followed by the rest of your hair. Massage well, concentrating on the roots and the inner layers. Previously, I tried out Sweet Apricot but I made the mistake of not massaging it in properly and ended up with uneven hair colour. You can read about that experience here. I also tried out the Cassis Berry hair dye, you can read about it here.

This time, I tried out Antique Rose. Liese released 5 new shades to their expanding collection. Most of the older shades are light and bright, so the new shades are darker toned colours, and are specially made for grey coverage. Antique Rose is a shade of deep red, the other shades are varying degrees of brown, ash and black.

Obviously I don't have greying hair, but I had light coloured brown hair with black roots. The result I got is hair colour that is exactly the same shade as the box. Also, if you massage well enough, the roots of your black hair will also take to the colour. Don't forget to apply the lotion included in the box (best to apply it before blow-dry/towel-dry).

I loved how the shade is a beautiful stand-out, very glamorous and also true to the colour on the box. And the hair does not feel damaged (of course, you have to continue with regular conditioning). Unfortunately though, I'm not sure why but the colour faded off very quickly. Within 2 weeks, I was back to my old lighter hair colour. I don't know if it was because of frequent washes or my use of shampoos and conditioners not designed for coloured hair, but this shade did not last long. I might buy this again and try it out, because I loved the colour I had on the first few days.

I must also admit that the smell of the ammonia is very strong, so make sure you apply it in a well-ventilated room. The smell did not go away till after a few washes.

I continue to like Liese because it is cheap and does not damage my hair. From my previous experience, the roots of my hair start showing after a few months, but I like how easy it is to apply Liese, so I might continue buying it.


Read about my other Liese hair dye experiences here!
- Sweet Apricot
- Cassis Berry

*Liese bubble hair dyes are available at most pharmaceutical stores and departmental stores in Singapore. I bought mine from Watsons at S$17.90. Buy it online at Qoo10 (very cheap!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schwarzkopf Ultimate Colour 499 Dark Cherry review

TDLR Review:  I would not recommend this hair colour product at all, because the shade turned out nothing like the box. Also it is difficult to wash off.  NOTE: I have dark Asian hair, which might be the reason why it's not suitable for this product. So I'm back with another hair dye review! I've raved about the Liese hair dyes before ( Cassis Berry , Sweet Apricot , Antique Rose ), because those are super easy to use (I've appreciated that even more after finding out how difficult some at-home hair dye kits can be to apply). But I got suckered into getting a box of Schwarzkopf Ultimate Colour hair dye, because the models on Schwarzkopf hair dye boxes always have gorgeous shades of hair! I've used Schwarzkopf before, I've bought the Palette in Magical Blue Black (no review, only a haul). But I was disappointed with it, because there was only a faint sheen of blue, and the black faded from my hair quite quickly. The trouble with Schwarzkopf also is

Intro Post

Despite the name, this blog is not about carousels or couture (although you never know, that might change?). Nobody likes to spend money on something, only to discover that it does not deliver what it has promised. I sure don't. So I start this blog with the hopes that perhaps it'll help someone find their holy grail. And maybe, I'll find my own on the way too. Expect to find beauty and skincare reviews, book reviews, movie reviews, and current obsessions. Oh, and a little couture here and there too.

Old Town White Coffee Ipoh Hor Fun review

  Who doesn't like Old Town White Coffee? It's so nostalgic, from the furniture they have to the food they serve. It's really like a throwback to the simpler times in Singapore. According to Wikipedia, Old Town White Coffee is the largest kopitiam restaurant chain in Malaysia and has over 180 outlets in the region. Can you believe that? I love their kaya toast and of course, their Ipoh Hor Fun. Why go to Penang when you can just enjoy the Hor Fun here? Normally I get those Ipoh Hor Fun that is served in rich gravy, with not much soup. But this one is served in a clear broth, which is perfect for a light meal that is also filling. At the end of it, you won't feel too full or bloated like if you had something richer. The kway teow is served with generous helpings of prawns and chicken shreds every time I go there (my favourite outlet is Playground at East Coast Park, the area that used to be Big Splash. There are 8 outlets in Singapore at the moment, and they ar