Skip to main content

Products completed in August

August is almost over (with about a week left) but here's a list of the products I've managed to complete! Generally it's very difficult for me to finish a lot of products, probably because I like to switch it up now and again. For makeup especially, I've found that whenever I do Project Pans, they take months to complete. I honestly don't know how some people can blaze through so many products within a month, and use up about 15-20 products every month. How is that possible?

Anyway, most of the products are hair care products, which I have been paying special attention to. My bathroom space has really been clogged up, so it's a relief to be clearing some of these things away.


Clockwise from top left: Essential Ultra Honey and Shea Butter Hair Mask (pink), Loreal Smooth-Intense Anti-Frizz Hair Mask, LUX Super Rich Hydro-Nourishing Conditioner, Clear Dry Scalp and Itch Control Shampoo (travel-size), Soap and Glory Scrub Em and Leave Em Body Buff (travel size).

1. Essential Ultra Honey and Shea Butter Hair Mask (pink) - I have not done a full review of this product. Essential's products are really eye-catching and cute (I never know whether to buy the pink one or orange one, and can debate on this for ages). But I find that their products tend to fall below my expectations. Maybe because they paid top dollar for their advertising that I had a lot of hopes and expectations for them. The smell of the product is lovely, the texture is also nice and smooth, but I found I had to use loads and loads at a single time. Of course this is cheap so I'm not that bothered, but I still find that it didn't moisturize as well as I hoped it would. But it did give a nice bounce and shine to my hair. If you have shorter hair or fine hair, this will probably work very nicely for you. But I have limp and heavy hair, and it doesn't help too much. I am very curious to try out the orange hair mask or treatment though.

2. Loreal Smooth-Intense Anti-Frizz Hair Mask - I have raved about this in a post here, so if you're interested, go click there. I love it so much that I have already bought a replacement, this time for S$7.50 in a beauty shop. Try not to go to large stores for this, you can find them in small beauty shops or Malay Jamu shops at a cheaper price. I love this very much but one thing to note is that it does weigh down my hair, and it also can make my hair oily at a faster rate.

3. LUX Super Rich Hydro-Nourishing Conditioner - This is another product that I have not done a full review on, but this is a product that I hate. it would have been completely fine, except that I feel that after using it, my hair looks and feels thinner. I don't have any explanation for this, but I have how thin my hair looks and feels after washing. Other than that, it is textbook-perfect. It does not have a smell, it has a lightweight texture, it rinses out nicely without leaving residue behind and it is an all-around great conditioner. But I would not repurchase this again.

4. Clear Dry Scalp and Itch Control Shampoo - I have also reviewed this product here. Because this was not suited to my hair, I would not get this again. I have also explained about how the Anti Hair-Fall Shampoo works for me while this shampoo doesn't. If you have a different scalp or hair condition, perhaps you might like this product better than I did.

5. Soap and Glory Scrub Em and Leave Em Body Buff - I've also done a review on this body scrub here. While I have only the travel-size version, I think it would be quite worth it to get the full-size next time, and use it as a weekly scrub to exfoliate dead skin cells. It's a great product for a pampering spa experience, without actually going to the spa.

So that's it so far! If I somehow manage to complete more products, I shall add them on to this list. Some of these products are really great, some not so, but I sure hope the reviews have helped you on your beauty journey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Post

Despite the name, this blog is not about carousels or couture (although you never know, that might change?). Nobody likes to spend money on something, only to discover that it does not deliver what it has promised. I sure don't. So I start this blog with the hopes that perhaps it'll help someone find their holy grail. And maybe, I'll find my own on the way too. Expect to find beauty and skincare reviews, book reviews, movie reviews, and current obsessions. Oh, and a little couture here and there too.

Schwarzkopf Ultimate Colour 499 Dark Cherry review

TDLR Review:  I would not recommend this hair colour product at all, because the shade turned out nothing like the box. Also it is difficult to wash off.  NOTE: I have dark Asian hair, which might be the reason why it's not suitable for this product. So I'm back with another hair dye review! I've raved about the Liese hair dyes before ( Cassis Berry , Sweet Apricot , Antique Rose ), because those are super easy to use (I've appreciated that even more after finding out how difficult some at-home hair dye kits can be to apply). But I got suckered into getting a box of Schwarzkopf Ultimate Colour hair dye, because the models on Schwarzkopf hair dye boxes always have gorgeous shades of hair! I've used Schwarzkopf before, I've bought the Palette in Magical Blue Black (no review, only a haul). But I was disappointed with it, because there was only a faint sheen of blue, and the black faded from my hair quite quickly. The trouble with Schwarzkopf also is

Old Town White Coffee Ipoh Hor Fun review

  Who doesn't like Old Town White Coffee? It's so nostalgic, from the furniture they have to the food they serve. It's really like a throwback to the simpler times in Singapore. According to Wikipedia, Old Town White Coffee is the largest kopitiam restaurant chain in Malaysia and has over 180 outlets in the region. Can you believe that? I love their kaya toast and of course, their Ipoh Hor Fun. Why go to Penang when you can just enjoy the Hor Fun here? Normally I get those Ipoh Hor Fun that is served in rich gravy, with not much soup. But this one is served in a clear broth, which is perfect for a light meal that is also filling. At the end of it, you won't feel too full or bloated like if you had something richer. The kway teow is served with generous helpings of prawns and chicken shreds every time I go there (my favourite outlet is Playground at East Coast Park, the area that used to be Big Splash. There are 8 outlets in Singapore at the moment, and they ar